Anyone else really getting into the theme of Hygge this Winter? Hygge is a Danish word that means to be especially cozy. It is a trend here in North America, but with the growing popularity of a trend that literally embodies how I want to feel day in and day out, I’m definitely not complaining! Hygge really embodies many of my 2018 goals, to be present in the moment, to feel my very best, and to be utterly comfortable and cosy while slowing everything down a little bit in order to enjoy the moment and the experiences.
Do you know what goes really well with hygge? Creamy, cozy,uns comforting cauliflower soup, I’ve abbreviated the recipe title to Creamy Cauliflower Soup, but it is most definitely also cozy and comforting!
I hope you stay warm on these chilly Winter nights and that you feel cozy, comfortable, and present all year long!
- 2 heads cauliflower, chopped
- 2 tablespoons avocado or coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 cup cashews (soaked in 1 cup water for an hour)
- 1 litre vegetable or chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 onion, chopped roughly
- 2 cloves garlic, smashed
- 3 tablespoons hemp hearts (per bowl)
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin seeds (per bowl)
- Soak cashews in 1 cup of water for at least an hour.
- Preheat oven to 375ºF. In a large baking dish or a baking sheet spread out chopped cauliflower, onion, and garlic. Drizzle with oil, spices, salt, and pepper. Stir to coat. Bake for 30-40 minutes or until golden.
- While the cauliflower is roasted, in a pot warm your broth.
- Drain the cashews.
- If using a blender, transfer roasted cauliflower, onion, and garlic along with broth to the blender. Add in the drained cashews and blend on medium until smooth.
- Alternatively, you can use an immersion blender and add cauliflower, onion and garlic to the broth along with the cashews and blend until smooth.
- Top with hemp hearts and pumpkin seeds for added protein.