Are you a lover or a hater? Yay or nay for the day of hearts? Would you rather rain on the Valentine’s Day parade?
Well, I for one, welcome the bright colours, the pretty pinks and rosy reds, in the dead of Winter, I could use some COLOUR!
I also love V-Day because it’s a time to celebrate love, happiness, and good vibes, and news flash, that is what this girl is all about! Plus who doesn’t love a made up holiday where you can indulge in all the yummy treats guilt-free, not that you’d have any guilt when it comes to these truffles as they are loaded with nutrients and are dairy-free, gluten-free, grain-free, refined-sugar free, and raw!
- 1/2 cup cacao butter
- 1/2 cup raw cacao powder
- 3/4 cup almond butter (or any nut butter)
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 1 teaspoon maca powder (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne (optional)
- Coating, your choice:
- 1/4 cup almonds, coarsely ground
- 1/4 cup raw cacao powder
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1/4 cup shredded, unsweetened coconut
- In a small pot, melt your cacao butter. Add your melted cacao butter to a bowl and mix in the cacao powder, maple syrup, almond butter, salt, maca, and cayenne.
- Once well combined, refrigerate mixture for about 20 minutes or until its a bit more set.
- Place your topping of choice in a bowl. Roll truffle mixture into tablespoon sized balls and then roll in topping of your choice to coat.
- Refrigerate until serving.