These donuts are unlike their deep fried friend, these donuts will leave you feeling amazing. Unlike that double chocolate donut will leave you feeling bloated, tired, and generally crappy. Plus there’s a special ingredient in these donuts that will leave you feeling super sexy, hence the name Sexy Chocolate Donuts.
These donuts have maca powder in them, which is a Peruvian Tuber, known for it’s adaptogenic or stress modulating benefits. Maca powder is also known as a libido enhancing food. It boosts testosterone production in the body, which is what makes it a libido boosting food.
If you can’t find maca powder, you can definitely exclude it from this recipe, without any modifications. Maca powder is available at any health food store. I recommend buying gelatinized maca rather than raw maca as it is more friendly on the digestion system.
These donuts can also be made Keto, simply by replacing the maple syrup with Monk Fruit Syrup in equal quantities.
- 3/4 cup Gluten-Free All Purpose Flour
- 3/4 cup Almond Flour
- 1/2 cup Raw Cacao Powder
- 1/4 cup Collagen
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1 tablespoon Gelatinized Maca Powder
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup Maple Syrup (or Monk Fruit Syrup)
- 1/4 cup Coconut Oil, melted or MCT Oil
- 1/2 cup Non-Dairy Milk
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons raw cacao
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- In a large bowl, whisk together all of the dry ingredients (flours and powders).
- In a separate medium sized bowl, combine wet ingredients, egg, oil, milk maple syrup.
- Combine wet ingredients into dry ingredients. Mix to incorporate but do not over mix.
- Pour batter into donut pan/moulds. Be mindful not to overfill moulds and the batter will rise quite a bit.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes. Remove donuts from mould and let cool on a cooling rack.
- To make topping:
- Combine all three ingredients in a pot over medium heat. Melt the coconut oil and mix together with cacao and syrup.
- Dip cooled donuts in chocolate mixture and let set.